søndag 23. oktober 2011

The second day in Mumbai :)

Hi there! this city is AMAZING! Today I have been on sightseeing all over the city. We started our sightseeing at the Gateway of india which is Mumbais most famous monument it was built for the visit of king George V and queen Mary. It was really enourmous and the details were beutiful.One thing we noticed that there were alot of tourists there and almost nolocal peple exept for the guides. I wanted to go somewere we could experience a bit of the local culture as well and so I decided that we should take a little walk in the markets. The markets were great, the stands were many and in all different shapes and colours. There were food, cothing and jewelry stands all over and the people selling were very nice but also a bit pushy. The food we ate was amazing and very exotic. There were snakes, differnet insects and also living larvaes. I didn't stand to eat the living things the thought of something crawling around in your mouth at the same time as you are chrushing its bones and inner organs is just something I can live without. My dad though kind of liked them ;) On the marked there were also the most amazing fabrics, the purest silk and the finest patterns were just astonishing. I would l o v e to have a dress or maybe a local clothing made of those fabrics. Me and my mom bought a piece of fabric each and are planning to sow something out of it but I just don't know what a should make yet. I also bought some souvenirs and gifts for my friends.
 The Gate to India.
 A tiny bitt of the market.
 Some gourgeous earings, and sooo cheap!
 beautiful colours!
 A lot of shoes
 More earrings, i bought some for my friends.
A small part of the fabrics.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar