mandag 13. februar 2012

The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime

Would I be able to take care of a child with asbergers ?
If you get a child with asbergers you have to give up a lot of your own interests and that might be a difficult thing to do. On the other hand this is your child and you have a responsibility towards the child which means that you have to take care of it. It might be hard to spend so much of your time and energy focused on giving the child what he/she needs that it can be easy to lose yourself while doing it. You’ll miss going out with friends, interest you have and you might have to put your career to a halt. Even if I would lose a these things I don’t think I would be able to give my child away, I won’t say I have all the qualities that you should have to take care of a kid like that, but who does? I don’ think we can imagine how it is before we have spent some time with people with this condition and it will be hard to learn how his/her mind works but eventually I think I’ll get used to being around my child. The fact that you’re often two people who is sharing the task also makes it easier to deal with. Then you can arrange that someone can have a night of sometimes and I think that would be an enormous help. But not only your partner but also the rest of the family is important for this to work.

Skulle ha vært publisert tidligere men hadde blitt lagret i kladd istedet for å bli postet på vanlig måte.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar